Skip to main content

A Dad Review: Veemcdee

VEEMCDEE
 
A couple of weeks ago I responded to a PR request from "Veemcdee" to do a review on some craft packs. I won't lie - I had no idea what "Veemcdee" was or what they did so I did a quick research on my phone (during a game of mini-golf) and figured "why not?"
 
The response from "Veemcdee" was instant and very friendly and just a few days later I received a package through the post. Inside were two craft packs.
 
 
As soon as I opened them the twins got their eyes on them and were instantly intrigued. I am guessing this is because of the colours and the shapes and the fact that they look interesting and inviting. I let them have a look but explained we would be looking at them in more detail at a later date.
 
So - what is "Veemcdee"? This is a company that is a bit like those subscription boxes that you see plastered all over social media except they deal in craft supplies. You can get a rolling subscription, a fixed subscription or you can just buy a single pack from the back catalogue. The subscription packs cost £6.50 each, the back catalogue packs cost £7.00 and you can even buy a "Lucky Dip Pack" for £1.50 so you can try them out. Anyway...back to the review...
 
A week or so later we opened the packs to make birthday cards for my sister-in-law's birthday (the twins Aunty). Ruby went first and she chose the green/blue pack and she was very excited to open the pack. When she did she was amazed at the amount of stuff inside that she could use to make a card and she got to work straight away.
 
 
A short while later she had finished her card and she was really pleased with the end result and really pleased that she had loads of stuff left over to put in her craft box.
 
Poppy went up next and she, obviously, chose the other pack and, again, she was amazed at how much stuff was inside. She insisted I took a photo of the stuff inside and then she too set to work on her card.
 
 
 
She took a bit more time than Ruby and was quite meticulous about where things went and what went on the card. Eventually she finished and this was her end result which she was over the moon with.
 
 
Poppy continued to craft with some more of the bits that were left from the pack and she is currently halfway through doing something that she will finish at a later date.
 
We really enjoyed the craft packs from "Veemcdee" and found them to be full of materials and really good for getting the creative juices of the twins flowing.
 
I think these packs are great for someone who is a big craft fan and who loves to make stuff. I like the whole concept that "Veemcdee" use which is for people to use their imaginations rather than be directed towards a particular end product. There was plenty in the pack and loads of different materials to use which was really good to see. My favourite option on the website is the 3 month rolling pack which is £19.50 - I think if you buy a gift for someone and they get a new craft pack through the door every month for 3 months that they will love it.
 
A great idea and really well done. Definitely a website I have added to my bookmarks and one that I will re-visit in the future.
 
You can follow "Veemcdee" on Twitter here https://twitter.com/veemcdee
 
And this is their website https://www.veemcdee.com/
 
Until next time...
 
The Twiglet's Dad 
 
 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Me And My Dad: Reading

Me and My Dad: 3: Reading My Dad is an avid reader! He always has at least one book on the go but more often than not he will have about ten! He buys books, he borrows books off friends, he borrows them from the library, he downloads them on his Kindle...he will read a book in any format. Naturally because of that, I too am an avid reader (although these days I don't read as much as I used to). I love to get myself lost in a good story and I don't particularly have a genre that I prefer. I like a good thriller, a scary horror, a mystery, an adventure, fantasy and even the occasional piece of "chick-lit" (I like Sophie Kinsella books...she is pretty funny). These are five books that I associate with my Dad, all for different reasons. 1: Well Done Noddy by Enid Blyton My brother was a big fan of the "Noddy" books so we had lots in the house growing up. As I was younger than him, they were passed down to me. My Dad would often read me &

"What Did You Think Of.....The Boss Baby"?

For our latest review The Twiglets and I have reviewed "The Boss Baby". We went to see this at the local Odeon on "Kids Club" on the first day of the Summer Holidays. We took my Dad to see it too as he secretly loves a cartoon. Here are our thoughts...   The Boss Baby     WARNING: COULD CONTAIN SPOILERS     Describe "The Boss Baby" in a nut shell:   Ruby: A boy gets a baby brother who is the Boss Baby. They don't like each other. Then they do.   Poppy: The little boy doesn't like it when the Boss Baby comes to his house but then they become friends.   Me:  I could describe this in two ways:   1) On The Surface - This is essentially what the twins said. A boy gets a new little brother who is the Boss Baby and they don't get along. Then they do get along as they have to team up to save their parents from disaster.   2) Beneath The Surface - For a kids cartoon this is pretty complex. Tim's parents get a ne

"What Did You Think Of.....Captain Underpants?"

For our latest review we took the twins to see "Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie". I say "we"...I let Kate take them with their Aunty Spot while I sat in Costa and read my book with a latte. Here is their review:   Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie       WARNING: COULD CONTAIN SPOILERS     Describe "Captain Underpants" in a nut shell:   Ruby:  It is about a man who is a teacher and a boy who finds a ring and turns him in to Captain Underpants.    Poppy:   Two little boys who love making comics and there was a nasty teacher and they turned him into Captain Underpants.    Kate/Spot:  Comic books come to life.      What was your favourite bit of "Captain Underpants?"   Ruby:  Every time the boy said "Freeze" and talked to the camera (broke the 4th wall).     Poppy: When he was changing to Captain Underpants and then back to the teacher loads of times.    Kate/Spot:  Two words...