Skip to main content

A Dad Review: Veemcdee

VEEMCDEE
 
A couple of weeks ago I responded to a PR request from "Veemcdee" to do a review on some craft packs. I won't lie - I had no idea what "Veemcdee" was or what they did so I did a quick research on my phone (during a game of mini-golf) and figured "why not?"
 
The response from "Veemcdee" was instant and very friendly and just a few days later I received a package through the post. Inside were two craft packs.
 
 
As soon as I opened them the twins got their eyes on them and were instantly intrigued. I am guessing this is because of the colours and the shapes and the fact that they look interesting and inviting. I let them have a look but explained we would be looking at them in more detail at a later date.
 
So - what is "Veemcdee"? This is a company that is a bit like those subscription boxes that you see plastered all over social media except they deal in craft supplies. You can get a rolling subscription, a fixed subscription or you can just buy a single pack from the back catalogue. The subscription packs cost £6.50 each, the back catalogue packs cost £7.00 and you can even buy a "Lucky Dip Pack" for £1.50 so you can try them out. Anyway...back to the review...
 
A week or so later we opened the packs to make birthday cards for my sister-in-law's birthday (the twins Aunty). Ruby went first and she chose the green/blue pack and she was very excited to open the pack. When she did she was amazed at the amount of stuff inside that she could use to make a card and she got to work straight away.
 
 
A short while later she had finished her card and she was really pleased with the end result and really pleased that she had loads of stuff left over to put in her craft box.
 
Poppy went up next and she, obviously, chose the other pack and, again, she was amazed at how much stuff was inside. She insisted I took a photo of the stuff inside and then she too set to work on her card.
 
 
 
She took a bit more time than Ruby and was quite meticulous about where things went and what went on the card. Eventually she finished and this was her end result which she was over the moon with.
 
 
Poppy continued to craft with some more of the bits that were left from the pack and she is currently halfway through doing something that she will finish at a later date.
 
We really enjoyed the craft packs from "Veemcdee" and found them to be full of materials and really good for getting the creative juices of the twins flowing.
 
I think these packs are great for someone who is a big craft fan and who loves to make stuff. I like the whole concept that "Veemcdee" use which is for people to use their imaginations rather than be directed towards a particular end product. There was plenty in the pack and loads of different materials to use which was really good to see. My favourite option on the website is the 3 month rolling pack which is £19.50 - I think if you buy a gift for someone and they get a new craft pack through the door every month for 3 months that they will love it.
 
A great idea and really well done. Definitely a website I have added to my bookmarks and one that I will re-visit in the future.
 
You can follow "Veemcdee" on Twitter here https://twitter.com/veemcdee
 
And this is their website https://www.veemcdee.com/
 
Until next time...
 
The Twiglet's Dad 
 
 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Me And My Dad: Video Games

Me And My Dad:   1: Video Games   Growing up my Dad and I had a great relationship. I don't have any vivid memories of him shouting at me or us fighting over trivial things (although I am sure they did happen). Looking back over my memories of growing up with my Dad I can totally see where my love for movies, video games, horror, reading, quizzing and cooking came from. For my next few posts I am going to delve in to each of these a little further...starting with Video Games!   I am now 36...my Dad is 64. Two days ago he sent me a WhatsApp message with a link to a video on YouTube for a recent video game called "Thimbleweed Park". He wrote:   "Have you seen this? It is done by some of the guys who did Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion. It look's great"   Reading that made so many good memories float back from the late 80s/early 90s when my Dad and I were obsessed with Point and Click Adventure Games on the PC. I was really lucky to have a...

My Top 5 Nintendo Games I Can't Wait To Play With The Twins

I am a big fan of video games. I always have been from a very young age as my Dad was a fan and we used to play them together. I have very fond memories of playing video games with my Dad (I will save details on that for another post) and I hope that the twins and I will be the same when they hit the right age. I am a bit of a Nintendo fanboy and I still have all of my Nintendo consoles from when I was younger, and a stash of games, that I can't wait to crack open with the girls one day. These are the top 5 Video Games that I can't wait to play with the twins...they are all Nintendo ones. 1: Super Mario World, SNES, 1990 This is easily one of my all time favourite games. At the time it was revolutionary due to the way it played. You could work your way through each level and each world in a very linear fashion by finding 35 "exits" or you could try and get 100% completion by finding all 96 "exits". I can proudly say that I have done this on more than o...

Christmas Bargain Hunting: Tips From A Dad

CHRISTMAS BARGAIN HUNTING: TIPS FROM A DAD       Christmas is just around the corner and will be here before you know it. My wife and I, like a lot of families, find Christmas to be a ridiculously expensive time of year. However, does Christmas need to be as expensive as it can be? I genuinely believe that you can have a great Christmas without spending thousands and thousands of pounds. In this post I am going to share with you my Christmas Bargain Hunting tips which I believe will help to make Christmas a little easier on your wallet. Here goes...   1) Start Early: This one is an obvious one but a one that not many people do. I always start getting presents in for the twins around August. The reason for this is that many shops are starting to get prepared for Christmas so they are clearing room on their shelves. This is a great time to pick up some bargains from some of the bigger supermarket chains and retail outlets. Here are some...