Skip to main content

"What Is Your Favourite Part Of The School Day?..." Part One: Poppy on Ruby

One of my fellow "Dadsquad" members recently posted an article on his blog where he asked his son 15 questions. It is a great read and can be found on his site... 

http://www.onehullofadad.co.uk/2017/03/15-things-ive-learnt-about-my-son.html

It got me thinking about the twins and how much of this stuff I know about them which then got me thinking to how much they know about each other. So I have totally stolen his idea (don't worry, he knows), tweaked it and used it to quiz the twins and see what they say. This is the first part in which I asked Poppy questions about Ruby and then asked Ruby the same questions. Welcome to what I like to call:

TWIN vs TWIN: PART ONE: POPPY ON RUBY

To do this I took Poppy away from Ruby and asked her these questions about her sister - I then asked Ruby the same questions to see if any of them matched up. Here are my findings: 

Q1: What is Ruby's favourite part of the school day?

Poppy: Playing with *best friend*
Ruby: Playing with the dinosaurs

Q2: What is Ruby's favourite thing to eat?

Poppy: Chicken nuggets and waffles
Ruby: Chicken nuggets and waffles

Q3: What is Ruby's favourite flavour of ice cream?

Poppy: Chocolate
Ruby: Chocolate

Q4: What is Ruby's favourite song?

Poppy: "Shut up and Dance"
Ruby: "Shut up and Dance"

Q5: What is Ruby's favourite movie?

Poppy: "Brave"
Ruby: "Brave"

Q6: What is Ruby's favourite TV show?

Poppy: "The Lion Guard"
Ruby: "Tom and Jerry"

Q7: What is Ruby's favourite toy?

Poppy: Coda (her stuffed bear)
Ruby: T-Rex

Q8: What does Ruby want to do for a job when she grows up?

Poppy: Be a bear
Ruby: Be a T-Rex

Q9: What is Ruby's favourite thing to do with her family?

Poppy: Hang out with Auntie Spot
Ruby: Going on adventures

Q10: If Ruby could be any animal for a day...what animal would she be?

Poppy: A bear
Ruby: A dog

So out of 10 questions Poppy got 4 of them bang on! The others that she didn't get I would say if Poppy was asked to give 3 answers for each one that Ruby's answers would have been there. It is also quite apparent that Poppy maybe thinks Ruby is a little obsessed with Bears...

My favourite answer is to Q9 - I love that her favourite thing to do is to go on Adventures as we do love going on an adventure. An unplanned one is even better.

I am going to do the reverse of this next week to see how well Ruby knows Poppy.

Until then...

The Twiglet's Dad


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Me And My Dad: Video Games

Me And My Dad:   1: Video Games   Growing up my Dad and I had a great relationship. I don't have any vivid memories of him shouting at me or us fighting over trivial things (although I am sure they did happen). Looking back over my memories of growing up with my Dad I can totally see where my love for movies, video games, horror, reading, quizzing and cooking came from. For my next few posts I am going to delve in to each of these a little further...starting with Video Games!   I am now 36...my Dad is 64. Two days ago he sent me a WhatsApp message with a link to a video on YouTube for a recent video game called "Thimbleweed Park". He wrote:   "Have you seen this? It is done by some of the guys who did Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion. It look's great"   Reading that made so many good memories float back from the late 80s/early 90s when my Dad and I were obsessed with Point and Click Adventure Games on the PC. I was really lucky to have a...

My Top 5 Nintendo Games I Can't Wait To Play With The Twins

I am a big fan of video games. I always have been from a very young age as my Dad was a fan and we used to play them together. I have very fond memories of playing video games with my Dad (I will save details on that for another post) and I hope that the twins and I will be the same when they hit the right age. I am a bit of a Nintendo fanboy and I still have all of my Nintendo consoles from when I was younger, and a stash of games, that I can't wait to crack open with the girls one day. These are the top 5 Video Games that I can't wait to play with the twins...they are all Nintendo ones. 1: Super Mario World, SNES, 1990 This is easily one of my all time favourite games. At the time it was revolutionary due to the way it played. You could work your way through each level and each world in a very linear fashion by finding 35 "exits" or you could try and get 100% completion by finding all 96 "exits". I can proudly say that I have done this on more than o...

Christmas Bargain Hunting: Tips From A Dad

CHRISTMAS BARGAIN HUNTING: TIPS FROM A DAD       Christmas is just around the corner and will be here before you know it. My wife and I, like a lot of families, find Christmas to be a ridiculously expensive time of year. However, does Christmas need to be as expensive as it can be? I genuinely believe that you can have a great Christmas without spending thousands and thousands of pounds. In this post I am going to share with you my Christmas Bargain Hunting tips which I believe will help to make Christmas a little easier on your wallet. Here goes...   1) Start Early: This one is an obvious one but a one that not many people do. I always start getting presents in for the twins around August. The reason for this is that many shops are starting to get prepared for Christmas so they are clearing room on their shelves. This is a great time to pick up some bargains from some of the bigger supermarket chains and retail outlets. Here are some...