Skip to main content

"What Did You Think Of.....Captain Underpants?"

For our latest review we took the twins to see "Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie". I say "we"...I let Kate take them with their Aunty Spot while I sat in Costa and read my book with a latte. Here is their review:
 
Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie
 
 
 
WARNING: COULD CONTAIN SPOILERS 
 
Describe "Captain Underpants" in a nut shell:
 
Ruby: It is about a man who is a teacher and a boy who finds a ring and turns him in to Captain Underpants. 
 
Poppy: Two little boys who love making comics and there was a nasty teacher and they turned him into Captain Underpants. 
 
Kate/Spot: Comic books come to life.  
 
What was your favourite bit of "Captain Underpants?"
 
Ruby: Every time the boy said "Freeze" and talked to the camera (broke the 4th wall).  
 
Poppy: When he was changing to Captain Underpants and then back to the teacher loads of times.
  
Kate/Spot: Two words....Fanny Waffle! See it and you'll see it's not as rude as it sounds! Hilarious! 
 
And what bit did you least enjoy?
 
Ruby: I thought it was all good.
 
Poppy: I was a bit scared when the toilet ate Captain Underpants.  
 
Kate/Spot: There were no down moments or slow bits...it was all pretty good. 
 
Who was your favourite character and why?
 
Ruby: I liked all of the characters because they were funny.  
 
Poppy: Captain Underpants because he was funny.  
 
Kate/Spot: We liked George and the dinner lady Edith.  
 
Would you watch it again?
 
Ruby: *A huge head nod with a mouth full of spaghetti 
 
Poppy: Yeah 
 
Kate/Spot: I wouldn't object if the kids put it on to watch.   
 
How many stars out of 5 would you award "Captain Underpants?"
 
Ruby: A hundred million and 760 thousand million ten hundred and four 
 
Poppy: Infinity and eleven 
 
Kate/Spot: A solid 3 stars from us 
 
Number of snacks required: A mix up bag of sweets kept them going...we took no crisps but were asked for crisps.
 
Number of toilet breaks: One each at separate times.
 
Number of questions asked during the movie: Only one - if it was like Shaun the Sheep or drawn on a computer. Not bad.  
 
Level of fidgeting: None. They were good.
 
Recommended by Adults for Kids: Yes - it was funny. Childish toilet humour that kids love with moments that parents will find funny that will go over the kids' heads. It is definitely worth a watch.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Me And My Dad: Reading

Me and My Dad: 3: Reading My Dad is an avid reader! He always has at least one book on the go but more often than not he will have about ten! He buys books, he borrows books off friends, he borrows them from the library, he downloads them on his Kindle...he will read a book in any format. Naturally because of that, I too am an avid reader (although these days I don't read as much as I used to). I love to get myself lost in a good story and I don't particularly have a genre that I prefer. I like a good thriller, a scary horror, a mystery, an adventure, fantasy and even the occasional piece of "chick-lit" (I like Sophie Kinsella books...she is pretty funny). These are five books that I associate with my Dad, all for different reasons. 1: Well Done Noddy by Enid Blyton My brother was a big fan of the "Noddy" books so we had lots in the house growing up. As I was younger than him, they were passed down to me. My Dad would often read me &

"What Did You Think Of.....The Boss Baby"?

For our latest review The Twiglets and I have reviewed "The Boss Baby". We went to see this at the local Odeon on "Kids Club" on the first day of the Summer Holidays. We took my Dad to see it too as he secretly loves a cartoon. Here are our thoughts...   The Boss Baby     WARNING: COULD CONTAIN SPOILERS     Describe "The Boss Baby" in a nut shell:   Ruby: A boy gets a baby brother who is the Boss Baby. They don't like each other. Then they do.   Poppy: The little boy doesn't like it when the Boss Baby comes to his house but then they become friends.   Me:  I could describe this in two ways:   1) On The Surface - This is essentially what the twins said. A boy gets a new little brother who is the Boss Baby and they don't get along. Then they do get along as they have to team up to save their parents from disaster.   2) Beneath The Surface - For a kids cartoon this is pretty complex. Tim's parents get a ne