Skip to main content

"What Did You Think Of.....Despicable Me 3?"

This week the Twiglet's and I are reviewing "Despicable Me 3" which is the third movie in the "Despicable Me" series (not that you'd ever have guessed that).

Here goes...
 
Despicable Me 3

 
WARNING: COULD CONTAIN SPOILERS 
 
Describe "Despicable Me 3" in a nut shell:
 
Ruby: A bad boy makes a giant robot and tries to kill everyone
 
Poppy: It is about the Minions going to jail and coming back and Gru finds them and helps them
 
Me: Dru meets his twin brother Gru and they learn to bond whilst trying to stop a former child-star gone crazy from destroying the world whilst The Minions try to go back to being bad and Lucy learns to be a mother.  
 
What was your favourite bit of "Despicable Me 3?"
 
Ruby: When the little girl got her unicorn
 
Poppy: When the Minions came from jail because it was happy
 
Me: There were loads of genuinely funny moments but for me it was when Dru and Gru pretended to be each other at the dinner table.
 
And what bit did you least enjoy?
 
Ruby: When he made the giant robot because it was big and scary
 
Poppy: When the big mean guy said, I mean, made a big giant robot and was going to destroy Hollywood and that was very bad
 
Me: It was all relatively inoffensive and good fun - there weren't any bits that I particularly found boring or that I didn't enjoy.
 
Who was your favourite character and why?
 
Ruby: The Minions because they are funny
 
Poppy: The Minions because they are very funny and in another film they took pictures of their butts
 
Me: I thought Dru was a brilliant new addition to the series - his laugh is hilarious!
 
Would you watch it again?
 
Ruby: Yes I would
 
Poppy: Yep
 
Me: I already have - one of my clients at work dragged me to see it 3 days later!
 
How many stars out of 5 would you award "Despicable Me 3?"
 
Ruby: Sixty two hundred and a hundred and fifty million thousand sixty and seventy eight
 
Poppy: Nine hundred and fifty eight million thousand and sixty eight, no, hang on, sixty nine...yeah sixty nine!
 
Me: Not quite as enthusiastic as those two...I'd give it 3 out of 5
 
Number of snacks required: Not too many
 
Number of toilet breaks: One each
 
Number of questions asked during the movie: Only a couple
 
Level of fidgeting: They were both relatively still and stayed in their seats for the majority of the movie
 
Recommended by Adults for Kids: Absolutely - kids love this series so there is no reason why they shouldn't watch it. Although my niece, who is 3, did squeal a few times during the "mild peril" and apparently had a nightmare that night about it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Me And My Dad: Video Games

Me And My Dad:   1: Video Games   Growing up my Dad and I had a great relationship. I don't have any vivid memories of him shouting at me or us fighting over trivial things (although I am sure they did happen). Looking back over my memories of growing up with my Dad I can totally see where my love for movies, video games, horror, reading, quizzing and cooking came from. For my next few posts I am going to delve in to each of these a little further...starting with Video Games!   I am now 36...my Dad is 64. Two days ago he sent me a WhatsApp message with a link to a video on YouTube for a recent video game called "Thimbleweed Park". He wrote:   "Have you seen this? It is done by some of the guys who did Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion. It look's great"   Reading that made so many good memories float back from the late 80s/early 90s when my Dad and I were obsessed with Point and Click Adventure Games on the PC. I was really lucky to have a...

My Top 5 Nintendo Games I Can't Wait To Play With The Twins

I am a big fan of video games. I always have been from a very young age as my Dad was a fan and we used to play them together. I have very fond memories of playing video games with my Dad (I will save details on that for another post) and I hope that the twins and I will be the same when they hit the right age. I am a bit of a Nintendo fanboy and I still have all of my Nintendo consoles from when I was younger, and a stash of games, that I can't wait to crack open with the girls one day. These are the top 5 Video Games that I can't wait to play with the twins...they are all Nintendo ones. 1: Super Mario World, SNES, 1990 This is easily one of my all time favourite games. At the time it was revolutionary due to the way it played. You could work your way through each level and each world in a very linear fashion by finding 35 "exits" or you could try and get 100% completion by finding all 96 "exits". I can proudly say that I have done this on more than o...

Christmas Bargain Hunting: Tips From A Dad

CHRISTMAS BARGAIN HUNTING: TIPS FROM A DAD       Christmas is just around the corner and will be here before you know it. My wife and I, like a lot of families, find Christmas to be a ridiculously expensive time of year. However, does Christmas need to be as expensive as it can be? I genuinely believe that you can have a great Christmas without spending thousands and thousands of pounds. In this post I am going to share with you my Christmas Bargain Hunting tips which I believe will help to make Christmas a little easier on your wallet. Here goes...   1) Start Early: This one is an obvious one but a one that not many people do. I always start getting presents in for the twins around August. The reason for this is that many shops are starting to get prepared for Christmas so they are clearing room on their shelves. This is a great time to pick up some bargains from some of the bigger supermarket chains and retail outlets. Here are some...