Skip to main content

"What Do You Remember About Your First Day?"

Earlier this week I blogged about the twins and their educational experience so far...from my point of view. That post was initially going to be the twins discussing school but my introductory blurb ended up becoming a whole separate post (I am guessing that will happen lots).

So - as intended - here is my interview with the twins about school:

Q1: What do you remember about your first day?

Ruby: That I was too scared to go.

Poppy: I was excited and I had my lovely hat on.

Q2: What part of the school day do you enjoy the most?

Ruby: Playing in the pretend café and playing on the computers.

Poppy: I like playing on the iPad on a Friday.

Q3: What part do you least enjoy?

Ruby: Going outside in the big yard because there is nothing fun to do.

Poppy: When my friend is rude to me but I tell her to stop being rude.

Q4: What has been the best topic you have had at school and why?

Ruby: "The Toy Box" was my favourite topic because I got to bring my soft toy in for the Teddy Bears Picnic but we got real food which was the best part.

Poppy: "Kings and Queens" was my favourite topic because we read a story called "The Queen's Knickers" which I loved.

Q5: You have both read hundreds of books throughout "Year One" - which one has been your favourite and why?

Ruby: "When Animals Invade" because it was about how animals invade and it said that Polar Bears live outside proper people's houses like ours and they go to Church Hill and get their food there.

Poppy: "When Animals Attack" because it was about animals and how they attack other animals and eat.

Q6: What do you like more about "Year One" than "FSU"?

Ruby: Sometimes we get to have outside play with just my class and not every other class.

Poppy: They have iPads which we didn't have in FSU.

Q7: Is there anything you miss from "FSU"?

Ruby: I miss the toy animals which we had in "The Beehive"

Poppy: I miss the bug area where we had toy bugs to play with

Q8: Tell me one thing that you have learnt that is amazing...

Ruby: That Daddy seahorses have the babies

Poppy: How bears sometimes go in to people's tents and eat food 

Q9: Are you looking forward to "Year Two"?

Ruby: No - I think I might be scared but if my best friends come with me I'll be fine

Poppy: Yes - as long as my friends come with me

Q10: What do you think will be the best thing about "Year Two"?

Ruby: It looks like they might have comfy chairs to sit on

Poppy: I have had a peek at "Year Two" and I think I will like the drawing table.

And there you go - the twins have discussed school, what they have enjoyed about "Year One" and what they are looking forward to in the future. I found this quite an interesting discussion.

Hope you enjoyed reading this.

Until next time...

The Twiglet's Dad

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Me And My Dad: Video Games

Me And My Dad:   1: Video Games   Growing up my Dad and I had a great relationship. I don't have any vivid memories of him shouting at me or us fighting over trivial things (although I am sure they did happen). Looking back over my memories of growing up with my Dad I can totally see where my love for movies, video games, horror, reading, quizzing and cooking came from. For my next few posts I am going to delve in to each of these a little further...starting with Video Games!   I am now 36...my Dad is 64. Two days ago he sent me a WhatsApp message with a link to a video on YouTube for a recent video game called "Thimbleweed Park". He wrote:   "Have you seen this? It is done by some of the guys who did Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion. It look's great"   Reading that made so many good memories float back from the late 80s/early 90s when my Dad and I were obsessed with Point and Click Adventure Games on the PC. I was really lucky to have a...

My Top 5 Nintendo Games I Can't Wait To Play With The Twins

I am a big fan of video games. I always have been from a very young age as my Dad was a fan and we used to play them together. I have very fond memories of playing video games with my Dad (I will save details on that for another post) and I hope that the twins and I will be the same when they hit the right age. I am a bit of a Nintendo fanboy and I still have all of my Nintendo consoles from when I was younger, and a stash of games, that I can't wait to crack open with the girls one day. These are the top 5 Video Games that I can't wait to play with the twins...they are all Nintendo ones. 1: Super Mario World, SNES, 1990 This is easily one of my all time favourite games. At the time it was revolutionary due to the way it played. You could work your way through each level and each world in a very linear fashion by finding 35 "exits" or you could try and get 100% completion by finding all 96 "exits". I can proudly say that I have done this on more than o...

Christmas Bargain Hunting: Tips From A Dad

CHRISTMAS BARGAIN HUNTING: TIPS FROM A DAD       Christmas is just around the corner and will be here before you know it. My wife and I, like a lot of families, find Christmas to be a ridiculously expensive time of year. However, does Christmas need to be as expensive as it can be? I genuinely believe that you can have a great Christmas without spending thousands and thousands of pounds. In this post I am going to share with you my Christmas Bargain Hunting tips which I believe will help to make Christmas a little easier on your wallet. Here goes...   1) Start Early: This one is an obvious one but a one that not many people do. I always start getting presents in for the twins around August. The reason for this is that many shops are starting to get prepared for Christmas so they are clearing room on their shelves. This is a great time to pick up some bargains from some of the bigger supermarket chains and retail outlets. Here are some...