Skip to main content

"What's This Dadsquad Thing You Promote?"

I am one of those people who always has a head full of thoughts and ideas. I always have been and I always will be. One of the reasons that I started blogging was because I had so many ideas and thoughts and memories and stories running through my head and I needed a way to get them out. I have actually found blogging to be quite therapeutic and liberating as it has made room in my brain.

However, I am also one of those people who likes to try and do too much at once. In a typical week I can be at work for 50-60 hours and I need to fit in other stuff around that such as organising school and work runs in the morning, organising school pick ups, organising after school activities, food shopping, housework and whatever else goes on in a typical week. Throw on top of that the fact that I signed up to do a 12 month course through work and the admin work I do for the office (which I do during work time) including annual reports and campaigns. I take on quite a lot but I somehow manage to balance it well and fit in plenty of down time with my wife and kids, catch up with friends and spend time with my parents and manage to have some sort of a life.

So, typically, when I decided that I would start blogging I ended up not only doing my own blog but becoming part of a group blog with three other guys. I met Adam, Rich and McDadface (he likes to remain anonymous - I know who he is though - I will sell you the information for 1000 bags of Space Raiders) through Twitter when McDadface asked the question:

"Do we need a Dadsquad?"

I replied to say that we do, as did Adam and Rich, and the next thing you know we have become the founders of "Dadsquad". We set up a new Twitter page and we then discussed ideas and what the whole point of Dadsquad was and what we aim to achieve from it. We continued to discuss and came up with a schedule of sorts (we all have our own blogs to concentrate on too) and thrashed out a few ideas and, for now, we have settled on what we will do and who will do it.

And that brings me to this post. I was recently asked by one of my friends (a real one, not a virtual one):

"What's that Dadsquad thing you promote all the time?"



I explained what it was and the whole purpose of it. And he said:

"Ah that's cool. So Dadsquad is a blog by Dad's discussing Dad things in a typical Dad way"

I couldn't have out it better myself. So that is what Dadsquad is and the rest of this post is shamelessly promoting it in the hopes that you will check it out.

If you want to follow us our Twitter handle is:

hashtagdadsquad

Our blog is:

https://thedadsquad.wordpress.com

Dadsquad consists of me and:

Adam: Twitter: askyerfather Blog: http://askyerfather.com/
Rich: Twitter: RichSayers1610 Blog: http://www.onehullofadad.co.uk/
McDadface: Twitter: kidsdogcaravan Blog: https://twokidsadogandacaravan.com/

Please - check out the Dadsquad blog and share it with your friends and let everyone know about it. Check out the other Dadsquad members too. They are great guys and their blogs are brilliant (they bribed me with Space Raiders and gin to say that)

And on that note I will sign off

Until next time...

The Twiglet's Dad




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Me And My Dad: Video Games

Me And My Dad:   1: Video Games   Growing up my Dad and I had a great relationship. I don't have any vivid memories of him shouting at me or us fighting over trivial things (although I am sure they did happen). Looking back over my memories of growing up with my Dad I can totally see where my love for movies, video games, horror, reading, quizzing and cooking came from. For my next few posts I am going to delve in to each of these a little further...starting with Video Games!   I am now 36...my Dad is 64. Two days ago he sent me a WhatsApp message with a link to a video on YouTube for a recent video game called "Thimbleweed Park". He wrote:   "Have you seen this? It is done by some of the guys who did Monkey Island and Maniac Mansion. It look's great"   Reading that made so many good memories float back from the late 80s/early 90s when my Dad and I were obsessed with Point and Click Adventure Games on the PC. I was really lucky to have a...

My Top 5 Nintendo Games I Can't Wait To Play With The Twins

I am a big fan of video games. I always have been from a very young age as my Dad was a fan and we used to play them together. I have very fond memories of playing video games with my Dad (I will save details on that for another post) and I hope that the twins and I will be the same when they hit the right age. I am a bit of a Nintendo fanboy and I still have all of my Nintendo consoles from when I was younger, and a stash of games, that I can't wait to crack open with the girls one day. These are the top 5 Video Games that I can't wait to play with the twins...they are all Nintendo ones. 1: Super Mario World, SNES, 1990 This is easily one of my all time favourite games. At the time it was revolutionary due to the way it played. You could work your way through each level and each world in a very linear fashion by finding 35 "exits" or you could try and get 100% completion by finding all 96 "exits". I can proudly say that I have done this on more than o...

Christmas Bargain Hunting: Tips From A Dad

CHRISTMAS BARGAIN HUNTING: TIPS FROM A DAD       Christmas is just around the corner and will be here before you know it. My wife and I, like a lot of families, find Christmas to be a ridiculously expensive time of year. However, does Christmas need to be as expensive as it can be? I genuinely believe that you can have a great Christmas without spending thousands and thousands of pounds. In this post I am going to share with you my Christmas Bargain Hunting tips which I believe will help to make Christmas a little easier on your wallet. Here goes...   1) Start Early: This one is an obvious one but a one that not many people do. I always start getting presents in for the twins around August. The reason for this is that many shops are starting to get prepared for Christmas so they are clearing room on their shelves. This is a great time to pick up some bargains from some of the bigger supermarket chains and retail outlets. Here are some...