Skip to main content

"What Did You Think Of.....Despicable Me 3?"

This week the Twiglet's and I are reviewing "Despicable Me 3" which is the third movie in the "Despicable Me" series (not that you'd ever have guessed that).

Here goes...
 
Despicable Me 3

 
WARNING: COULD CONTAIN SPOILERS 
 
Describe "Despicable Me 3" in a nut shell:
 
Ruby: A bad boy makes a giant robot and tries to kill everyone
 
Poppy: It is about the Minions going to jail and coming back and Gru finds them and helps them
 
Me: Dru meets his twin brother Gru and they learn to bond whilst trying to stop a former child-star gone crazy from destroying the world whilst The Minions try to go back to being bad and Lucy learns to be a mother.  
 
What was your favourite bit of "Despicable Me 3?"
 
Ruby: When the little girl got her unicorn
 
Poppy: When the Minions came from jail because it was happy
 
Me: There were loads of genuinely funny moments but for me it was when Dru and Gru pretended to be each other at the dinner table.
 
And what bit did you least enjoy?
 
Ruby: When he made the giant robot because it was big and scary
 
Poppy: When the big mean guy said, I mean, made a big giant robot and was going to destroy Hollywood and that was very bad
 
Me: It was all relatively inoffensive and good fun - there weren't any bits that I particularly found boring or that I didn't enjoy.
 
Who was your favourite character and why?
 
Ruby: The Minions because they are funny
 
Poppy: The Minions because they are very funny and in another film they took pictures of their butts
 
Me: I thought Dru was a brilliant new addition to the series - his laugh is hilarious!
 
Would you watch it again?
 
Ruby: Yes I would
 
Poppy: Yep
 
Me: I already have - one of my clients at work dragged me to see it 3 days later!
 
How many stars out of 5 would you award "Despicable Me 3?"
 
Ruby: Sixty two hundred and a hundred and fifty million thousand sixty and seventy eight
 
Poppy: Nine hundred and fifty eight million thousand and sixty eight, no, hang on, sixty nine...yeah sixty nine!
 
Me: Not quite as enthusiastic as those two...I'd give it 3 out of 5
 
Number of snacks required: Not too many
 
Number of toilet breaks: One each
 
Number of questions asked during the movie: Only a couple
 
Level of fidgeting: They were both relatively still and stayed in their seats for the majority of the movie
 
Recommended by Adults for Kids: Absolutely - kids love this series so there is no reason why they shouldn't watch it. Although my niece, who is 3, did squeal a few times during the "mild peril" and apparently had a nightmare that night about it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Me And My Dad: Reading

Me and My Dad: 3: Reading My Dad is an avid reader! He always has at least one book on the go but more often than not he will have about ten! He buys books, he borrows books off friends, he borrows them from the library, he downloads them on his Kindle...he will read a book in any format. Naturally because of that, I too am an avid reader (although these days I don't read as much as I used to). I love to get myself lost in a good story and I don't particularly have a genre that I prefer. I like a good thriller, a scary horror, a mystery, an adventure, fantasy and even the occasional piece of "chick-lit" (I like Sophie Kinsella books...she is pretty funny). These are five books that I associate with my Dad, all for different reasons. 1: Well Done Noddy by Enid Blyton My brother was a big fan of the "Noddy" books so we had lots in the house growing up. As I was younger than him, they were passed down to me. My Dad would often read me &

"What Did You Think Of.....The Boss Baby"?

For our latest review The Twiglets and I have reviewed "The Boss Baby". We went to see this at the local Odeon on "Kids Club" on the first day of the Summer Holidays. We took my Dad to see it too as he secretly loves a cartoon. Here are our thoughts...   The Boss Baby     WARNING: COULD CONTAIN SPOILERS     Describe "The Boss Baby" in a nut shell:   Ruby: A boy gets a baby brother who is the Boss Baby. They don't like each other. Then they do.   Poppy: The little boy doesn't like it when the Boss Baby comes to his house but then they become friends.   Me:  I could describe this in two ways:   1) On The Surface - This is essentially what the twins said. A boy gets a new little brother who is the Boss Baby and they don't get along. Then they do get along as they have to team up to save their parents from disaster.   2) Beneath The Surface - For a kids cartoon this is pretty complex. Tim's parents get a ne

"What Did You Think Of.....Captain Underpants?"

For our latest review we took the twins to see "Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie". I say "we"...I let Kate take them with their Aunty Spot while I sat in Costa and read my book with a latte. Here is their review:   Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie       WARNING: COULD CONTAIN SPOILERS     Describe "Captain Underpants" in a nut shell:   Ruby:  It is about a man who is a teacher and a boy who finds a ring and turns him in to Captain Underpants.    Poppy:   Two little boys who love making comics and there was a nasty teacher and they turned him into Captain Underpants.    Kate/Spot:  Comic books come to life.      What was your favourite bit of "Captain Underpants?"   Ruby:  Every time the boy said "Freeze" and talked to the camera (broke the 4th wall).     Poppy: When he was changing to Captain Underpants and then back to the teacher loads of times.    Kate/Spot:  Two words...