Skip to main content

What Did You Think Of....."The LEGO Batman Movie"?

Last weekend we went to Kids Club at the local Odeon Cinema to see "The LEGO Batman Movie". Ruby has been dying to see it for ages as she is a big Batman fan (she's a fan of all the superheroes) and Poppy has been dying to see it because Ruby has. Here is our review...

The LEGO Batman Movie


 
WARNING: COULD CONTAIN SPOILERS 
 
Describe "The LEGO Batman Movie" in a nut shell:
 
Ruby: Batman gets a son and they save the day
 
Poppy: Batman and Robin save the day from the bad guys
 
Me: Batman is scared of having a family...but in order to save Gotham from The Joker's latest ploy he may need to get over that fear, work with others and lighten up a little bit.   
 
What was your favourite bit of "The LEGO Batman Movie?"
 
Ruby: I just loved all of it
 
Poppy: When Batman and The Joker made friends...and when The Joker was funny
 
Me: This is a genuinely funny movie with loads of pop culture references and in-jokes that will go over the heads of most kids. I liked the subtle bits of humour that were thrown in that kids just wouldn't get...like the car registration plate on the Batmobile being "Wayne Car".....Think about it! 
 
And what bit did you least enjoy?
 
Ruby: When all of the bad guys came and were horrible
 
Poppy: When it was scary
 
Me: I thought it was all pretty good. There weren't any boring moments and it was all very tongue-in-cheek with a huge dose of adult humour. I did think it was a tad too long for a kids movie though at 1hr 45 minutes long as it did feel a little dragged out.
 
Who was your favourite character and why?
 
Ruby: Batman because he is awesome
 
Poppy: Batman because he is the hero
 
Me: I enjoyed seeing villains that aren't from the DC Universe being used in this movie such as Voldemort, Sauron and King Kong - I thought it was very clever bringing them in to it.  
 
Would you watch it again?
 
Ruby: Definitely
 
Poppy: Definitely - it was EPIC (she has just learnt this word)
 
Me: This is actually the 2nd time I have seen it - I saw it on initial release with one of my clients from work...and I would happily watch it again
 
How many stars out of 5 would you award "The LEGO Batman Movie?"
 
Ruby: One hundred and fifty thousand million sixty two million and sixty three
 
Poppy: Infinity and infinity
 
Me: I would give it a solid 4 out of 5
 
Number of snacks required: Ruby had 3 and Poppy had 1 - she wasn't hungry
 
Number of toilet breaks: One each at the same time (which is so much easier)
 
Number of questions asked during the movie: A few as there were so many characters they were struggling to keep up...but not loads
 
Level of fidgeting: Ruby was clearly digging it as she was standing up leaning on the back of the seats in front. Poppy sat relatively still but did get a bit restless towards the end
 
Recommended by Adults for KidsObviously as an animated movie in the LEGO world this is a kids film through and through...but I would say they need to be at least 5 to appreciate it. It was a bit long, some scenes were quite low-key and dialogue heavy which many younger kids may find boring but, on the flip of that, when the action scenes were on it was balls to the wall and full on. I really enjoyed it. The twins enjoyed it. So, yeah, Kids will love it...just not tiny ones.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Me And My Dad: Reading

Me and My Dad: 3: Reading My Dad is an avid reader! He always has at least one book on the go but more often than not he will have about ten! He buys books, he borrows books off friends, he borrows them from the library, he downloads them on his Kindle...he will read a book in any format. Naturally because of that, I too am an avid reader (although these days I don't read as much as I used to). I love to get myself lost in a good story and I don't particularly have a genre that I prefer. I like a good thriller, a scary horror, a mystery, an adventure, fantasy and even the occasional piece of "chick-lit" (I like Sophie Kinsella books...she is pretty funny). These are five books that I associate with my Dad, all for different reasons. 1: Well Done Noddy by Enid Blyton My brother was a big fan of the "Noddy" books so we had lots in the house growing up. As I was younger than him, they were passed down to me. My Dad would often read me &

"What Did You Think Of.....The Boss Baby"?

For our latest review The Twiglets and I have reviewed "The Boss Baby". We went to see this at the local Odeon on "Kids Club" on the first day of the Summer Holidays. We took my Dad to see it too as he secretly loves a cartoon. Here are our thoughts...   The Boss Baby     WARNING: COULD CONTAIN SPOILERS     Describe "The Boss Baby" in a nut shell:   Ruby: A boy gets a baby brother who is the Boss Baby. They don't like each other. Then they do.   Poppy: The little boy doesn't like it when the Boss Baby comes to his house but then they become friends.   Me:  I could describe this in two ways:   1) On The Surface - This is essentially what the twins said. A boy gets a new little brother who is the Boss Baby and they don't get along. Then they do get along as they have to team up to save their parents from disaster.   2) Beneath The Surface - For a kids cartoon this is pretty complex. Tim's parents get a ne

"Grandma...Can We Have A Sleepover?"

When you find out you are having a baby it is a surreal feeling. When you find out that you are having two at the same time it is even more surreal!! We found out, like most parents, at our 12 week scan and once we had told our family and close friends we announced it to the world via Facebook. We received mainly positive reactions from everybody as most people would write comments like: " That is amazing news " or " Congratulations. So happy for you both " or " Double the babies means double the love " And so on. But there were the odd comments we received that I chose to ignore at first but I didn't forget them and they pondered in my mind for months on end. They were the comments like: " Say goodbye to ever sleeping again " and " Prepare to never have any money for the rest of your life. Babies are expensive and two at once is even more expensive " and " My friend has twins and he had a nervous breakdown when t